Wednesday, November 18
The UNH Stormwater Center is a dynamic research, testing, and educational facility that serves as a technical resource for water managers, planners, and design engineers in New England and throughout the United States. Join NE IECA on a tour of the Center to learn about the latest research findings.
Participants will depart from the Maine Stormwater Conference at 8:00 a.m. and carpool to the University of New Hampshire. Transportation is not provided.
This field trip has been approved for 4.5 professional development hours/credits for professional engineers and planners.
Please direct questions about the field trip to Steve Trinkaus.
8:00a Depart Maine Stormwater Conference to drive to UNHSC
9:30a Assemble at UNH West Edge parking lot for tour of outdoor research facility
11:30a Bus tour of LID systems installed on UNH campus
12:30p Arrive at Environmental Research Group building for lunch
1:15p Presentation by UNHSC staff
2:00p Return to West Edge parking lot to depart
DIRECTIONS FROM I-95:
- Take NH Exit 5 (Rt-16/US-4/Portsmouth(US-1 BYP)) towards Newington.
- Drive 5 miles to Exit 6 West (Route 4 West/Durham/UNH).
- Drive 7 miles West to the Exit for RT-155A ramp toward UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE / DURHAM (0.2 miles).
- Turn LEFT (heading East) onto NH-155A (Main Street).
- Drive 0.2 miles and turn RIGHT onto WEST Edge Dr.
- Continue up the hill to the stop sign, and continue straight until you reach the farthest edge of the parking area. In front of you is a sign pointing to the right for UNHSC.
- Take a right and continue until you reach the northwest corner of the West Edge Lot. There is a small parking area on the left that extends out from this corner. Immediately beyond this UNHSC.